Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Knitting Projects

I knit this pair of socks for my mom for Christmas. They took FOR.EV.ER!  It wasn't that they were difficult, as you can see they have no pattern. My 2 year old little angel decided to help me knit and pulled all the needles out and proceeded to frog them for me when I was about 4 inches into them the first time. Then, I decided I didn't like the pattern I was using anyway, so I searched for a new pattern. I finally decided to just knit a nice, plain, pair of socks! Ahhhhhh, finally finished!  Now that she has them, I can post pics!  They are knit on firetip sport dyed by Selah in their Peter colorway.



I just finished the button loop on the kimono this morning! I adore this set. It figures that Jocelyn won't even try it on :( Maybe I will try again tomorrow. She has been in a pretty awful mood the past couple of days!  The top is knit from the SMSS Kimono pattern and the longies are Sheepy Pants.  They are both pretty easy well written patterns.  I was hoping to get the set done for Christmas, but with the unexpected length of time that the socks took, it just didn't happen. I did however finish the longies in a record (for me) time of 4 days! They have an 11 inch inseam!!  Hopefully I will be able to take some action shots soon.  They are knit with Cestari Superfine dyed in Mosaic Moon's Foxglove colorway and Cestari's Winter White.





1 comment:

  1. Great colors on all of these. Looking forward to the action shots :-)

    ReplyDelete